Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Starbucks Adventure + Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies

pbsandwichcookies2

I will be the first to admit that I'm not the grandest fan of coffee. It's the taste. It's not the caffeine, it's not the colour, it's the taste and no matter how much cream or sugar you load it up with, I can still taste the coffee swimming around in it. I can dilute it with as much as I want, but when push comes to shove I still can't get past the taste of... well, whatever it is.

The other day I found myself at Chapters. I was scrounging for books that I'd buy but never read but that would sit in my home and make me look well-read. Inside the Chapters was a Starbucks. For those that know me, they know I'm a huge celeb junkie and I'm about the most impressionable person you will ever meet. If Ellen told me to wrestle a grizzly... I probably wouldn't, but if she told me to shop at JCPenney, I totally would. I'd spend four dollars on socks, just to make her happy. Feel free to leave your comments about how I'm what's wrong with the world.

I was in Chapters, staring at Starbucks, and I instantly thought of Lauren Conrad sipping that monstrous pink drink she's always photographed with and it occurred to me that, maybe I could be like, I don't know, the male Lauren Conrad if I had a drink. I wouldn't be famous (I'm not that delusional) but maybe I could walk with a reality star confidence.

 

In my desperate attempt to emulate LC, I bought a Skinny Iced Mocha something, waited like 10 ten days for it to be ready, and I was ready to walk with my reality star swag. I left the store with my iced goodness and bag of books in hand. Took a sip, and BLEGH. It was coffee. The ice did nothing. It didn't make it cold, it didn't change the flavour. It was room temperature coffee with, what I hope was ice.

That was it. I was never going to be like LC.

A few days later I resolved to give it another go. I picked a new Starbucks, because clearly the other one was cursed or out to get me, and walked in, again confident that I would obtain what I needed. I scanned the menu boards and really thought about it. I had to get something good. Something fruity. Something sweet. Something that was actually cold. There it was. Tazo Shaken Iced Passion Tea. Venti, obviously.

That was it. I was hooked, addicted, whatever you want to label it as. Call up LiLo, I need a good rehab recommendation.

It was tasty. I mean, I had officially found my drink. This would be my beverage of choice at Starbucks. No more coffee, thank God. I would drink this. This delicious blend of tea and goodness.

Did I mention I finished it in about three minutes? Oh well.


And now, for what you're all here for, besides hearing about my LC obsession. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod! Probably the best cookie I've tasted in a long time. That's all I need to say.

pbsandwichcookierecipecard

Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. Not a big fan of coffee myself.. just in cake.

    I love their passion fruit iced tea it's so good (and pretty much the only thing I tried - I had their strawberry smoothie but it tastes like whey).

    I didn't know what whey tasted like until I drank that. It wasn't good.

    Jordan, where did you get that wooden plank photo thing? Tweet me. I want to buy one to take pics with for my site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Coffee in cake is perfectly acceptable!

      Delete
  2. You don't like coffee?!? Jordan, dear, we can't be friends. Jk ;)

    I have only JUST figured out how/what to order at Starbucks, but I'm only happy if it's coffee! Also, jsyk, you can make that iced tea at home. I know it won't have the same appeal as ordering one from Starbucks (and trust me, I get that!), but just look for a box of Tazo Passion tea bags in the tea/coffee isle. A box will run you about $4, but you get many, many servings from it. Brew a pitcher overnight in the fridge or brew it hot and shake it on ice :)

    Oh! And those cookies look fantabulous. I love Two Peas and Their Pod :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love you.

      Honestly though, it kinda does have the same appeal if I keep the cup and just refill it when I wanna make it at home. Right? :)

      The cookies are honestly to die for. Literally. But don't really die for them.

      Delete
  3. nice opinion.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starbucks stresses me OUT! I refuse to order using their vernacular. The lines are always huge. The wait is always unnecessarily long. and everything about it just causes me stress.
    Give me a good independent any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post .i hope everybody will like your post

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...