I've never really told anyone this before (minus Mom and Dad), but I've always had this secret fantasy of being an action star. As a kid I would throw myself across rooms pretending I was hit by an explosion. I'd scale play structures and fall off, acting as if someone had pushed me. I used to even sword fight with invisible people with invisible swords. I would even think of my action star names, coming up with complete movie plots in my heads. I could be Lloyd Croft, Lara's long lost brother. I could be 007.5, Bond's cyborg twin, controlled by an evil organization. Maybe even start my own series of 'Mission Possible', because Impossible is just such a negative word.
And, as I've grown up, the dream hasn't really faded because I still want to be an action star, but I've come to realize that there are plenty of reasons why I shouldn't be one.
1. I scream at the sight of blood. Could you imagine me near the end of a film, bleeding while immersed in a huge, climactic battle for the fate of the world. I'd be too focused on the fact that the blood was starting to dry under my finger nails to really take much concern as to the destruction of man-kind.
2. I pull a muscle brushing my teeth. I doubt that I'd be suited for jumping off of buildings or riding on top of cars in high-speed chases. I'd probably fall off a platform and break my leg.
3. I don't think I could handle badly dressed villains. They always seem to dress in grimy, old clothing. I'd be too distracted by their wardrobe to even think about kicking their asses.
4. I'm extremely uncoordinated. Could you imagine me trying to walk across a ledge on the edge of a high-rise building? One shiny object and I'm a goner.
5. I'm pretty unfit and I don't think I could keep up with those hour long chase scenes where the hero runs after the villain, flipping over people, bouncing off of buildings etc. I'd definitely need a stunt double for that kind of stuff. That or I could be the start of a new generation of heroes. Heroes who aren't completely oblivious to the obvious. I'd see situations from the eyes of the person sitting in the theater. If someone starts running, I'd hit them with a tranquilizer dart before they hit the door. But my horrible aim is something for another time...
I also believe that action stars need to eat healthy and what's healthier than cookies with peanut butter and banana? The chocolate chunks are for... coordination, so I obviously need extra.
This delicious recipe comes from Dinner With Julie. I was so glad to come across it after finding myself in a kitchen with no brown sugar and a cookie craving so big it felt like the Apocalypse was upon me.
Until next time, happy baking!